About the property
Welcome to the DeSoto Beach Hotel
The DeSoto Beach Hotel is located only a few steps from Tybee Island’s stunning coastline and less than 20 minutes from Historic downtown Savannah, Georgia. With just a 45 minute drive to the Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport, the Desoto Beach Hotel is the perfect place to stay when you want to “get away from it all” without going too far.
Tybee Island, Georgia offers many attractions and activities such as Historic Fort Pulaski, the Tybee Island Lighthouse Station & Museum, inshore and offshore fishing charters, eco-tours, dolphin tours, water sports, seasonal events and festivals, award winning restaurants, and a breathtaking beachfront setting.
- Beach Chairs and Umbrellas are available for rental
- There are several nearby attractions, restaurants, shops, night spots, marinas, and other places of activity to make your stay a memorable one
- Close proximity to Historic Savannah and other attractions
- Elevators and wheelchair accessibility
- Consider us for your wedding accommodations. Contact Tybee Island Wedding for your ceremony
- All Guest Rooms are designated Non Smoking.
- Coffee Maker
- 1080 p HD 42 ” Flat Screen TV w/ cable
- Complimentary WiFi
- In Room Safe
- Beachfront Pool (Heated & Cooled) & Sun Deck
- Game Room with Ocean View
- Direct Beach Access
- Complimentary Continental Breakfast
- Extra Charging Ports & Outlets
- Free Parking One Space Per Room
Tybee Island is about 3 miles long. The employees at the DeSoto Beach Hotel can help you get anywhere and anything you want. I am in the deluxe, ocean view room. It’s spectacular. I can hear the ocean from here. The room is lovely. Big screen television. Modern closets. Desk. Mini Fridge.
Called hotel directly and booked one of their 3 King Size oceanfront rooms. Comfortable bed, variety of pillows – firm to soft. Coffee pot held 4 cups which I prefer over the single cup coffee makes. Staff members from front desk to guest room attendants were fantastic. Gave us plenty of extra towels, coffee, etc. as we are not early morning risers. Check in was fast and easy. We kept the screen door open and could hear the ocean waves, sat out on the 2 chair and table deck for coffee and in the evening. No bar/lounge in this hotel but various liquor stores nearby. This room is near the pool but too windy so no one was in it. Have a separate sitting room on 1st floor with pool table and rocking chairs Pool is smaller. Grabbed coffee and pastry last day there. Have fruit cups, sausage biscuits, etc. Worked for me. Oceanfront is what I wanted and what I got. Directly on the beach. No parking lot between you and the water. Loved it. We’ll be back.